Tuesday, March 20, 2012

2012

I am not very good at posting on this blog. In fact I had sort of forgotten I had one until yesterday when one of my co workers was showing me her cute kids on her blog. Today I am going to try catching up on some things.
This new year has been good so far. Carl turned 12, and was ordained a decon. He is excited to pass the sacrament, and be in young mens instead of primary.
I have been working quite a bit at Utah Imaging, here and there at Mill Creek Imaging and keep my two days a month at Park City Imaging. I still clean my friend's house a couple of times a month also.
I have not done any photo shoots for several months, so I went to the Salt Lake Temple one day after work and took some pictures. I really like how some of them turned out. I was experimenting on HDR and actually had some printed. I had gone to the Wood Connection and got some ideas of how to frame them. I made a frame using 1x2's and put a thin particle board over the top to make a flat surface to glue the photo on. After gluing the photo on, I sanded the edges a bit and made them black. Then I rolled on a photo texture that gives the impression of canvas. I really like the way they turned out.
There was not much snow this year, so Torey didn't get his fill on snowmobiling. Although he did have a scare one day when he and Pete Erekson went to their usual place. He saw that there were no tracks yet on the hill they like to tear up, so he went to make some. He got up to where he wanted to cross over and the snow broke and slid down the mountain. Luckily he stayed on his sled almost to the other side before he got thrown off. Pete said he kept an eye on him the whole time.
We went to Worland for Presidents Day weekend. We stayed at my Aunt Lynn's and saw our cat Tiger. It was fun to pet him. He didn't seem to mind us this time.
While we were in Worland Torey went snowmobiling with Stu Wostenberg, Carl Ren , Dad and I went to Dave Asay's clinic and cleaned it up a bit. Carl took some pictures of some Bald Eagles in a tree.

We also on a spur of the moment went to St. George. We stayed with the Buddells in their hotel. Carl, Abby, Trevor swam most of the time. We went to a fun place to eat. It was the Sameri, the chef was very entertaining. He flipped zucchini in our mouths. Carl only missed one. I missed them ALL. We had side aches from laughing.
The big news so far this year is that Torey and I bought a brand new pickup. We needed to get rid of our van, and one day we went to go test drive a Dodge. We came home with it. It is very RED so I made a BYU sticker for the back window. It looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment